Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Tis' The Season!


 Since Christmastime is fast approaching.....I thought it would be fun to send my parent's some Christmas pillow cases--all the way in Texas. My mom shares my love and excitement for Christmas and it is kind of a tradition that we send each other little packages with "Christmasy" things  at the beginning of the season to get each other excited about Christmas coming! I am taking a beginning sewing class right now and wanted to test my skills. I was surprised at how easy these were to make. For these pillowcases I used the tube pillowcase or "hot dog" technique. There is a great tutorial here. These were easy and quick to pump out and I thought they turned out pretty cute! It would be fun, for those of you with kids to make holiday pillowcases for them. (Easter, Halloween, 4th of July etc....) You could switch them out every season....I know...in an ideal world right??!!
But a fun idea. Hope you enjoy!! Happy Christmas season!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment